Article 1 (Purpose)
These terms and conditions stipulate the rights, obligations, and responsibilities of Openbooth and users in using Internet-related services (hereinafter referred to as'Services') provided by Openbooth Co., Ltd.(hereinafter referred to as the'Company'). Purpose..
※This agreement applies mutatis mutandis to e-commerce transactions using PC communication, wireless, etc.
Article 2 (Definition)
1. Company refers to a virtual business place set up so that the Open Booth company can share information, etc. using information and communication facilities such as computers in order to provide the web platform to users, and operate an open booth (OPENBOOTH). It is also used in the sense of a business operator.
2. ‘User' refers to members and non-members who access the Company and receive the services provided by the Company in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
3. 'Member' refers to a person who has registered as a member in Company and can continue to use the services provided by Company.
4. 'Non-member' refers to a person who uses the Company service without registering as a member.
Article 3 (Specification, explanation and revision of terms and conditions)
1. The company shall provide the contents of these terms and conditions, company name, name of representative, business office address (including address where consumer complaints can be handled), telephone number, copy transmission number, e-mail address, business registration number, mail order business The report number and the person in charge of personal information management are posted on the initial service screen (front) of the open booth so that users can easily know. However, the contents of the terms and conditions can be viewed by the user through the connection screen.
2. Before the user agrees to the terms and conditions, the company shall provide a separate connection screen or pop-up screen to obtain the user's confirmation so that the user can understand important contents such as refund conditions among the contents stipulated in the terms and conditions.
3. The company is responsible for the 「Consumer Protection Act in Electronic Commerce Transactions, etc.」, 「Act on Regulation of Terms and Conditions」, 「Electronic Documents and Electronic Transactions Basic Act」, 「Electronic Financial Transactions Act」, 「Electronic Signature Act」, 「Information and Communication Network Utilization Promotion」 This Agreement may be amended to the extent that it does not violate related laws such as the Act on Information Protection, Etc.
4. If the Company revises the terms and conditions, the date of application and the reason for the amendment shall be specified and announced on the initial screen of the mall along with the current terms and conditions from 7 days before the effective date to the day before the effective date. However, if the terms and conditions are changed against the user, it will be notified with a grace period of at least 30 days. In this case, the contents before the revision and the contents after the revision are clearly compared and displayed so that users can understand.
5. In the case of revising the terms and conditions, the revised terms and conditions are applied only to contracts concluded after the effective date, and the terms and conditions before the amendment are applied to contracts already concluded before that date. However, if a user who has already signed a contract transmits the intention to receive the application of the revised terms and conditions to the Company within the notice period of the revised terms and conditions pursuant to Paragraph 3 and obtains the consent of the Company, the revised terms and conditions This applies.
6. Regarding matters not specified in this Agreement and interpretation of this Agreement, the Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, the Act on Regulation of Terms and Conditions, Consumer Protection Guidelines and Related Laws or Commercial Practices in E-Commerce stipulated by the Fair Trade Commission. Follow.
Article 4 (Provision and Change of Service)
1. Company performs the following tasks.
2. Provision of information on service and signing of contract to purchase fair participation rights
3. Other tasks determined by the service
4. The Company may change the contents of the goods or services to be provided by the contract to be concluded in the event of a product or service being sold out or technical specifications changed. In this case, the contents of the changed goods or services and the date of provision are specified and immediately notified to the place where the contents of the current goods or services are posted.
5. If the contents of the service contracted with the user to be provided by the Company are changed for reasons such as out of stock or change in technical specifications, the reason will be immediately notified to the address where the user can be notified.
6. In the case of the preceding paragraph, the Company compensates the user for damages caused by this. However, this is not the case if the Company proves that there is no intention or negligence.
Article 5 (suspension of service)
1. The Company may temporarily suspend the provision of services in the event of maintenance, inspection, replacement or breakdown of information and communication facilities such as computers, or disruption of communication.
2. Compensation for damages suffered by the user or a third party due to the temporary suspension of the provision of the service for the reasons specified in Paragraph 1. However, this is not the case if the company proves that there is no intention or negligence.
3. In the event that the service cannot be provided due to the change of business item, abandonment of business, integration between companies, etc., the company notifies the user in the manner specified in Article 8 and the consumer according to the conditions originally suggested Reward. However, if the compensation standards, etc. are not notified, the users' mileage or reserves, etc., are paid in kind or cash equivalent to the currency value used in the Company.
Article 6 (member registration)
1. The user applies for membership by filling in the member information according to the registration form set by the company and expressing their intention to agree to these terms and conditions.
2. The company registers as a member of users who have applied for membership as a member as described in Paragraph 1, unless they fall under any of the following items.
- If the applicant for membership has previously lost membership in accordance with Article 7 (3) of these Terms and Conditions, however, consent for membership re-registration of Company as a person who has passed 3 years after the loss of membership under Article 7 (3) It is an exception in the case of obtaining.
- In case of false information, omission, or mistake in registration
- If it is judged that registering as a member is significantly impeding the technology of the Company
3. The membership contract is established when the company's approval reaches the member.
4. If there is a change in the information registered at the time of membership registration, the member must notify the change of the member information within a considerable period of time in the Company.
Article 7 (member withdrawal and loss of qualifications, etc.)
1. Members can request withdrawal from the Company at any time, and the company immediately handles withdrawal.
2. If a member falls under any of the following reasons, the company may restrict or suspend membership.
- If false information is registered at the time of application
- If the member does not pay the member's debts in connection with the use of the service voucher, etc. purchased using the Company or other Company
- Threatening the e-commerce order, such as interfering with other people's use of the Company or stealing the information
- In case of using the Company to act against public order and morals, or prohibited by laws or these terms and conditions
3. After the Company restricts or suspends membership, if the same action is repeated more than once or the reason is not corrected within 30 days, the Company may lose membership.
4. If the Company loses membership, membership registration will be canceled. In this case, the member is notified and given an opportunity to explain at least 30 days before cancellation of membership registration.
Article 8 (Notice to Members)
1. When the Company notifies the member, it can be done at the e-mail address specified by the member when signing up.
2. Company can be substituted for individual notification by posting on the Company bulletin board for more than one week in case of notification to a large number of unspecified members. However, individual notices are given for matters that have a significant impact on the member's own transaction.
Article 9 (purchase application and consent to provide personal information, etc.)
1. The user applies for purchase through the following or similar method on the service, and the company must provide each of the following information in an easy-to-understand manner when the user applies for purchase.
A) Search and select available services
B) Enter the buyer's name, address, phone number, e-mail address (or mobile phone number), etc.
C) Confirmation of the contents of the terms and conditions for participation in the fair and the cost burden such as refund policy
D) Agree to these terms and conditions, and confirm or reject the items in the above C) (ex, Mouse click)
E) Application for purchase of various services within the service and confirmation of this or consent to confirmation of the Company
F) Selection of payment method
2. When the Company needs to provide the personal information of the purchaser to a third party, 1) the person receiving personal information, 2) the purpose of using the personal information of the person receiving the personal information, and 3) Item, 4) You must notify the purchaser of the period of retention and use of personal information of the person receiving personal information and obtain consent. (The same applies even if the consent is changed.)
Article 10 (Conclusion of contract)
1. The company may not accept the purchase application as described in Article 9 if it falls under any of the following items. However, in the case of signing a contract with a minor, it must be notified that the minor or the legal representative may cancel the contract if the consent of the legal representative is not obtained.
- In case there is false information, omission or mistake in the application
- When a minor purchases goods and services prohibited by the Youth Protection Act, such as cigarettes and alcohol
- When it is judged that acceptance of other purchase requests is significantly impeded by the Company technology
2. The contract is deemed to be established when the company's approval reaches the user.
3. The company's indication of acceptance must include information on confirmation of the user's purchase application, availability of sale, correction of the purchase application, etc.
Article 11 (Payment Method)
The payment method for products purchased at the Company can be made by any of the following methods. However, the company cannot collect additional fees for the payment of goods, etc. for the user’s payment method.
1. Various account transfers such as phone banking, internet banking, and mail banking
2. Various card payments such as prepaid card, debit card, credit card, etc.
3. Online deposit without bankbook
4. Payment by electronic money
5. Payment upon receipt
6. Payment based on points paid by services such as mileage
7. Payment by gift certificate contracted with the service or recognized by the service
8. Payment by other electronic payment methods, etc.
Article 12 (Personal Information Protection)
1. When collecting personal information of users, the company collects the minimum amount of personal information necessary for the provision of services.
2. The company does not collect information necessary to fulfill the purchase contract in advance when registering as a member. However, this is not the case when personal identification is required prior to the purchase contract in order to fulfill obligations under related laws and when collecting at least specific personal information.
3. When the company collects and uses personal information of users, it notifies the user of the purpose and obtains consent.
4. The company cannot use the collected personal information for purposes other than the purpose, and when a new purpose of use occurs or is provided to a third party, the Company notifies the user of the purpose and obtains consent at the stage of use and provision. However, exceptions are made in cases where the relevant laws and regulations stipulate otherwise.
5. If the company needs to obtain the consent of the user pursuant to paragraphs 2 and 3, the identity of the person in charge of personal information management (affiliation, name and phone number, and other contact information), the purpose of collecting and using the information, and a third party The provisions of Article 22 (2) of the 「Act on Promotion of Information and Communication Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc.」, including matters related to provision of information (recipient, purpose of provision, and contents of the information to be provided) must be specified or notified in advance. You can withdraw this consent at any time.
6. The user may request to view and correct errors in his/her personal information held by the company at any time, and the company is obligated to take necessary measures without delay. When a user requests correction of an error, the company does not use the personal information until the error is corrected.
7. In order to protect personal information, the Company shall limit the person who handles the user’s personal information to a minimum, and the loss, theft, leakage, and unauthorized provision of the user’s personal information, including credit cards and bank accounts, to a third party without consent, etc. We are responsible for any damages caused by users.
8. The company or a third party who has received personal information from it will destroy the personal information without delay when it achieves the purpose of collecting or receiving personal information.
9. The Company does not set the consent column for the collection, use, and provision of personal informationas previously selected. In addition, services that are restricted when the user refuses to consent to the collection, use, and provision of personal information are specifically specified, and services such as membership registration are made for refusal of the user’s consent to the collection, use, and provision of personal information other than the required collection items. We do not limit or decline offers.
Article 13 (Obligation of Company)
1. The Company shall not engage in any acts prohibited by laws and these Terms and Conditions or against public order and morals, and shall do its best to provide products and services consistently and stably as stipulated in these Terms and Conditions.
2. The company must have a security system to protect users' personal information (including credit information) so that users can safely use Internet services.
3. In the event of damages to users due to unreasonable labeling or advertisement prescribed in Article 3 of the 「Act on Fair Labeling and Advertisement」, the Company shall be liable for compensation.
4. The company does not send commercial e-mails for commercial purposes if users do not want to.
Article 14 (Obligations for Member’s ID and Password)
1. Except in the case of Article 12, members are responsible for managing ID and password.
2. Members should not let a third party use their ID and password.
3. If a member realizes that his or her ID and password have been stolen or used by a third party, they must immediately notify the Company and follow the instructions of the Company.
Article 15 (Obligations of users) Users must not perform the following actions.
1. Registration of false information when applying or changing
2. Theft of information from others
3. Unfair change of information posted on the service
4. Transmission or posting of information (computer programs, etc.) other than the information set by the company
5. Infringement of intellectual property rights such as copyrights of third parties in the service
6. Acts that damage the reputation of third parties in the service or interfere with business7. Disclosing or posting obscene or violent messages, images, audio, and other information contrary to public order and morals
Article 16 (Relationship between the connected service and the connected service)
1. When the upper service and the lower service are connected by a hyperlink (e.g., text, pictures, and moving images are included in the hyperlink), the former is called a connection service (open booth) and the latter Is called a connected service (functional website).
2. In the case that the connection service indicates that it is not responsible for the guarantee for transactions made with the user by the goods independently provided by the connected service, the initial screen of the connection service or a pop-up screen at the time of connection is specified. Does not assume any warranty liability for that transaction.
Article 17 (Restriction of copyright and use)
1. Copyright and other intellectual property rights for works created by Company belong to Company.
2. The user shall copy, transmit, publish, distribute, broadcast, or other methods of information obtained by using the Company, for which intellectual property rights belong to the Company, for commercial purposes. It must not be used or made available to third parties.
3. The company shall notify the user when using the copyright belonging to the user according to the agreement.
Article 18 (Dispute Resolution)
1. The Company installs and operates a damage compensation processing mechanism to reflect the legitimate opinions or complaints raised by users and to compensate for the damage.
2. The company handles complaints and opinions submitted by users first. However, if prompt processing is difficult, the user will be notified immediately of the reason and processing schedule.
3. In the case of a user’s request for damage relief in connection with an e-commerce dispute between the company and the user, it may be subject to mediation by the Fair Trade Commission or the dispute mediation agency requested by the Mayor/Do Governor.
Article 19 (Jurisdiction and governing law)
1. Lawsuits concerning e-commerce disputes between the company and users shall be based on the address of the user at the time of filing, and if there is no address, it shall be the exclusive jurisdiction of the district court having jurisdiction over the residence. However, if the address or residence of the user is not clear at the time of filing or if a foreign resident is a foreign resident, it is filed with the competent court under the Civil Procedure Act.
2. Korean law applies to e-commerce lawsuits filed between the company and users.